I will be honest, my June goals quickly got pushed aside! I went to my county’s media center to print and laminate materials from my new Numbers and Counting unit on Monday and saw a sign that the center was closing for good on Thursday-so sad! They are looking to relocate it but that likely won’t be until August. I quickly got to work to get my September materials prepped, I didn’t want to be in that cram with all the other teachers fighting to get work in. I worked my butt off for 72 hours and I created 3 adapted books and comprehension materials for reading, units on the US symbols and the Pledge of Allegiance for social studies and a weather unit for science. So proud of myself!
Although I did get the math vocabulary task cards and problem and solution passages from my June goals completed, the journals and CVC file folders got pushed to the back burner. Check out the picture above, though, and you will see that it was worth it!
Time for some July goals! I’m actually going to split July into two goal blocks-I wanted to make sure I make the most of this summer!! Here are my goals through July 15:
- Get to work on those journals!! 180 is a big number to get to-maybe I can get to number 30 by July 15?
- Finish the adapted graphing file folders and worksheets-one of the VAAP concepts (the alternative assessment in Virginia) is to insert data into a pre-constructed template. I am creating some samples to work on this with my lower functioning students
- I also need to figure out how to teach the scientific investigation to my lower students-I’m going to push myself to have all of the materials created in PowerPoint by July 15.
- Touch Math for money!! I made a touch math for quarters file folder for a kid who REALLY needed it for ESY, while I’m thinking about it I want to make some for the rest of the coins too.
- Plan scientific investigation unit for higher kids-not going to go overboard. I’m going to use some pre-created materials, I just want to have the month planned out!
- Those CVC file folders-can’t forget about them!
That’s good for now! We are off to Williamburg to enjoy the long weekend and watch two dear friends get married!! Happy 4th everyone!