Hi! My name’s Nicole. I just turn in the keys to my classroom this morning and I’m officially on summer break. I figured it’s the perfect time to get my blog up and running. Here’s a little bit about me:
- I teach a self-contained class for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders grades 3-5 at a public school in Northern Virginia.
- I have a Masters in Special Education and I am working on a certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- I have been teaching for 3 years, all at the same school. Prior to teaching I spend one year as a teaching assistant in a high school. I definitely like my grade band better now!
- I got married less then 2 months ago and my husband and I have the cutest fur-baby named Buster. I’ve got a picture of my adorable family at the bottom of this post.
- This past year was hard, really hard. I learned a lot of valuable lessons and I am going to use the summer to re-vamp my approach. I’ll be blogging along the way 🙂
- My students participate in the Virginia Alternative Assessment Program as their statewide assessment. I create a lot of materials to match up to the aligned standards. We don’t use Common Core in my state but I try and tag my information well so non-Virginia teachers can find materials too!
- I’m so excited to get the ball rolling and I can’t wait to share on my path to a new and improved classroom.!